(click to open as PDF)
* Sept updates to Field Service Solution (from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124)
* Sept updates to Project Service Solution (from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52)
* When you perform either of above, it updates Unified Resource Scheduling Solution (from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11)
* Sept updates to Connected Field Service Solution (from 1.0.18170.5 to 1.0.18266.4)
* Sept updates to Dynamics Marketing (from 1.29.2003.0 to 1.30.1027.0) – reminder – special process for updating it through Applications
* Sept updates to Event Management Solution (from 1.4.1006.0 to 1.6.1002.0)
* Sales Insights Solution for CE Upgrade Available from 18.104.22.16815 to 22.214.171.12416
* CE Platform update to 126.96.36.19943 (or so) expected this weekend. Details – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4465061/service-update-26-for-microsoft-dynamics-365-9-0-2
* CE Platform update to 9.1.0.0029 (or so) expected NEXT WEEKEND (10-19 to 10-21) – Details – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4466242/service-update-1-for-microsoft-dynamics-365-9-1-0
* UCI refreshes in Oct Release – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/10/01/announcing-ui-updates-in-october-for-sitemap-and-command-bar%e2%80%af/
* More international support and a price change for CE Marketing – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/10/01/new-languages-regions-and-pricing-for-dynamics-365-for-marketing/
* Talent is now powered by CDS for Apps – https://community.dynamics.com/365/talent/b/dynamics365fortalent/archive/2018/10/01/extend-and-integrate-dynamics-365-for-talent-with-common-data-service-for-apps
* What’s new or changed in Talent Core HR (October 8, 2018) – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/talent/whats-new-talent-october-8
* PowerApp Discoverability Tips Part 3 – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-discoverability-in-the-enterprise-part-3/
* Empowering BI to understand what’s going on with PowerApps in your tenant – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-admin-analytics-get-an-enterprise-wide-view-2/
* New PowerApps creation experience that blends canvas and model-driven – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/newpahomepage/
* Important changes to new CE trials and new Common Data Service for Apps environments – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/10/05/announcing-changes-to-new-trials-and-new-cds-orgs/
* Tips on using CE Unified Interface with screen readers – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/basics/screen-reader
* End of mainstream support for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, Dynamics AX 2012, and Dynamics AX 2012 R2 –
* F&O version 8.1 is now live! –
* What’s new or changed in F&O October 2018 – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/October18/index
* Fall Release functional videos are now live from Envision and Ignite – https://dynamics.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications/release/
* Business Applications Summit 2019 Dates Set (June 10-11, 2019 in Atlanta, GA) – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/businessapplicationssummit
How do I operationalize this?
* F&O 8.1 key functional updates
* It’s almost October, re-review the Release Notes for Oct Release –
* Documentation for URS, Field Service, and Project Service Updates from last month – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/09/19/release-notes-for-field-service-and-project-service-automation-update-release-8/
* What’s included in the fall release of on CE on premises – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/get-started/whats-new/customer-engagement/dynamics365-on-premises-features
* How to turn on Rich Text Editor experience for Appointments in CE – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/admin/enable-rich-text-experience
* LCS September 2018 Update – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/lcs/2018/09/20/lcs-september-2018-release-notes/
* What’s new or changed in Dynamics 365 for Talent Core HR, (September 17, 2018) – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/talent/whats-new-talent-september-17-2018
* Documentation on creating patches to Solutions in CE – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/developer/create-patches-simplify-solution-updates
* New AI Apps and Mixed Reality Dynamics Apps for CE Announced – https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2018/09/18/announcing-new-ai-and-mixed-reality-business-applications-for-microsoft-dynamics/
* Dynamics Marketing App Sept Update (non-standard update procedure) – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/09/19/announcing-dynamics-365-for-marketing-september-2018-update/
* Adobe Sign Solution update for CE available from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
* Gamification update available from 2018.4.17 to 2018.9.20
* Connected Field Service update available from 1.0.18170.5 to 1.0.18266.4
* Sales Insights Solution for CE Upgrade Available from 220.127.116.1112 to 18.104.22.16815
* Sweet pre-built Office 365 screens in Canvas PowerApps – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-screen-templates/
* How to make editable tables in Canvas PowerApps – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/editable-tables/
* Oct will bring fall release to CE, which will be version 9.1 – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/09/21/october-service-update-for-dynamics-365-online-will-be-version-9-1/
* CE gets integration with IoT Central – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/09/23/announcing-connected-field-service-for-azure-iot-central/
* Flow updates for October – enhanced connectors, solution management, quality checks, and more – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/october-2018-update/
* PowerApps updates for October – speed, embedding in Dynamics CE & Model-Driven PowerApps, solution management, and more – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/october-updates/
* Power Platform Analytics – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/admin-analytics/
* Microsoft, SAP, and Adobe announce Open Data Initiative – https://news.microsoft.com/2018/09/24/adobe-microsoft-and-sap-announce-the-open-data-initiative-to-empower-a-new-generation-of-customer-experiences/
* Announcing Microsoft Learn – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/teamblog/introducing-ms-learn
* New connectors and updates to some connectors in Flow – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/support-tickets-teams-sharepoint/
* PowerQuery comes to Flow to shape data coming from SQL – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerquery-flow/
* Great hands-on learning tutorials for the Microsoft Power Platform – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-platform-challenges/
* Omni-Channel made easier! Public Preview of #MSDyn365 CE Channel Integration Framework – Bring your own channel provider – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/09/28/public-preview-of-dynamics-365-channel-integration-framework-is-released-bring-your-own-channel-provider-with-ease/
—No Live Show Today—
Thanks for stopping by. Since Microsoft is having a conference this week and we’re all out of the office, we won’t have a regular show this fortnight. We are still posting our notes about things that are new and even have a video embedded showcasing how to synchronize work order data if you’re using both Dynamics 365 CE and F&O and have field service workloads. See you live again on Sept 28!
How do I operationalize this?
Synchronize a work order between Dynamics 365 for Field Service and Finance and Operations
* August updates to Sales App Solution (from 22.214.171.1247 to 126.96.36.1991)
* August updates to Field Service Solution (from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206)
* August updates to Project Service Solution (from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168)
* When you perform either of above, it updates Unified Resource Scheduling Solution (from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199) (I expect a blog post soon on what these updates include)
* August updates to Marketing and Event Management Solution (from 1.26.1005.0 to 1.28.1004.0) – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/08/31/announcing-dynamics-365-for-marketing-august-2018-update/
* CDS for Apps August platform update release documentation, including patch notes (version 188.8.131.525 August Service Update) – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4457678/service-update-5-for-microsoft-dynamics-365-9-0-2 – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2925359/microsoft-dynamics-crm-online-releases#9_0_top
* USD 4.0 released with lots of new capabilities – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/usd/2018/08/20/unified-service-desk-4-0-is-released/
* Blog series on CE DevOps processes starting – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/premier_developer/2018/08/20/continuous-integration-deployment-and-test-automation-for-dynamics-crm/
* Free up database space in CE – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/admin/free-storage-space
* Flow to automate Flow Governance – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/automate-flow-governance/
* Flow improvements in many areas – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/button-types-more/
* Announcing the NEW PowerApps User Group! – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-new-powerapps-user-group/
* Announcing the NEW Flow User Group! – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-flow-user-group/
* Introducing Microsoft Flow integration in Excel – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-microsoft-flow-integration-in-excel/
* PowerApps and Flow connectors to use the tools to manage themselves – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-connectors-for-powerapps-and-flow-resources/
* Advanced Security concepts when managing PowerApps and Flow – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/security-governance-strategy/
* Details on UI updates for Oct release of CE and confirmation of new on premises version – https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/dynamics365/2018/08/28/october-update-brings-new-user-experience-to-dynamics-365-for-customer-engagement/
* Details on CE communications policies, updates, and what to expect – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/admin/policies-communications
How do I operationalize this?
* Exploring Skype Interview and its integration with Talent
* Kuru Predictive Hiring now integrated with Talent –
* What’s New in Talent – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/talent/whats-new-talent-july2018
* We told you last fortnight to register for the Virtual Launch Event on October 10, but it’s now been cancelled. There will be lots of great on-demand content created and posted to https://dynamics.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications/release/ by early October.
* Update to Resource Scheduling Optimization Engine – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/08/16/whats-new-in-the-dynamics-365-resource-scheduling-optimization-version-2-7-release/
* Addition to Canvas PowerApps Grouping controls – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/enhanced-group-experimental-control-with-layout-control-and-nesting/
* CE Field Service Mobile App Licensing FAQ – https://blog.resco.net/2018/08/16/faq-microsoft-dynamics-365-for-field-service-mobile-app-licensing/?_cldee=YmFzbmVhcnlAbWljcm9zb2Z0LmNvbQ%3d%3d&recipientid=contact-03f39b5d43dce711a77f00155d0b0a44-ece9c179c37c463aab9d757b9f9cfec1&esid=0cfa002c-5aa1-e811-ad03-00155d0b1304&urlid=2
* New Business Apps administrative landing page – https://admin.dynamics.com
* PowerApps Governance Best Practices – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-enterprise-deployment-whitepaper/
* Canvas PowerApps support attachments in CDS now – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/add-attachments-to-your-common-data-service-entities/
* 3 Finance and Operations content packs removed from AppSource – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/dev-itpro/migration-upgrade/deprecated-features?toc=/fin-and-ops/toc.json
* Make certain PowerApps more discoverable – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-discoverability-in-the-enterprise/
* Update available for Field Service App – special instructions for enabling it below
* Update available for Project Service App – works similarly to Field Service for enabling
* Dynamics Experience Center – https://experience.dynamics.com
How do I operationalize this?
* To Opt-in please do the following: Please access the Dynamics Insider Portal here:
* Log in with you Insider credentials
* On the Insider Home Page, In the Search Box of “Upcoming and Active Programs” section, search for a program with the name “Dynamics 365 for Field Service Unified Interface Release.”
* Click that program link in the search results and choose to “Join Now” in the page that opens. This will add you as a participant to the program.
* On the Program page, access the link provided to sign up: “Signup Link to opt-in for the Field Service UCI Release (GA)”
* The link will open a simple questionnaire and one of the questions is the instance URL. Please provide the URL of the instance where you need to install Field Service version 184.108.40.2060.
* Microsoft will receive the details you provide and, within a few days, will enable the install of Field Service on the Org that you provided. Once enabled, you will receive a confirmation email from Microsoft.
* Once you receive the email, you can access your Dynamics 365 Admin portal to install Field Service 220.127.116.110 on the Org that you provided.
* For any questions and discussion on the functionality, please use the Forums on the program page and use the Microsoft Support process to log any issues/bugs.
* Setting Up Machine Learning in F&O Demand Forecasting
* Insider Access to pre-release functionality and how to get it! (See above)
* Business Application Summit concluded. Watch at –
* Release Notes for October 2018 – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/October18/index
* Register for the Virtual Launch Event – https://info.microsoft.com/Business_Application_Fall_Summit_Register.html, which will be October 10th at 10am CDT
* Sales Companion Canvas PowerApp: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/salescompanion/
* Sales Application upgrade available from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.1247
* CafeX LiveAssist version upgrade to 126.96.36.199 is now available
* CE Platform update to 188.8.131.522 is coming out any day to your 9.0 orgs. Details if you’re interested: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4342571/service-update-4-for-microsoft-dynamics-365-9-0-2
* New Capabilities in Talent – Offer Management
* Change in Applying Updates to FO – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/lcs/2018/07/10/lcs-july-2018-release-1-release-notes/
* Change in the process of applying updates to FO on-premises environment – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/lcs/2018/07/10/lcs-july-2018-release-1-release-notes/
* Dynamics 365 CE developer nugget (using Postman with Web API) – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/07/30/documentation-for-using-postman-with-web-api-is-live/
* Skype Interviews for Talent/Attract – https://www.skype.com/en/interviews/
* Business Central localization available in Australia and New Zealand –
* PowerApps tutorial for building offline capabilities with relational data – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/implementing-offline-capabilities-for-relational-data/
* PowerApps automatic formula formatting – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/automatically-format-your-formula/
* PowerApps/Flow Preview Programs – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/preview-program/ & https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/flow-preview-program/
* FastTrack Pre-Go-live Checklist for FO – https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/northamerica/365Enterprise/learning/documentation/installation-setup-guides/fasttrack-checklist-fin-and-ops
* Get paid to give feedback on PowerApps –
How do I operationalize this?
* What native Predictive Lead Scoring looks like:
* How Relationship Analytics computes health scores and trends: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/sales-enterprise/relationship-analytics
* Manage External Vendor Portal – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/b2b/what-is-b2b & https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/supply-chain/procurement/manage-vendor-collaboration-users
Tips and Tricks using Canvas PowerApps and Flow with CDS for Apps and Dynamics 365 CE and FO:
* Finance and Operations
– Onstart – EntityID is the data element from FO that PowerApps uses
– Use Set as custom field within PowerApps as EntityID
– Matching data entities using Lookup Command
– Key to drilling through and integrating data entities
– Assign Lookup element to data field to use as primary (shortcuts a lot of formula writing)
* In CE, if you want to modify date/time fields in Flow, the fields have to be set up in CE as date/time, not date only
* In CE, If when working with Conditions, you want to watch for something having no data, there’s a trick to setting up that query (advanced mode)
* In CE, if using expressions on fields, you can’t just type the right syntax, you have to include it all within the expression definition UI, including any dynamic fields included.
Happy Birthday Alesha!
* Business Applications Summit starts Monday! Look for announcements next week.
* Predictability in platform/app updates –
* FAQ around Update Procedures/Policies –
* Easy tip to improve Canvas PowerApps performance –
* Tips on making Canvas PowerApps performant and maintainable –
* PowerBI updates to get it ready for Common Data Service for Analytics – https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-expands-self-service-prep-for-big-data-unifies-modern-and-enterprise-bi/
* Understand details of automatic email tracking in CE –
How do I operationalize this?
* Add LinkedIn Sales Navigator controls to UCI forms –
* Integration of Dynamics 365 in a Teams Tab –
* AppSource – Marketplace of business solutions –
* Two types of solutions:
(1) Apps: Specific solutions from Microsoft and our partners.
(2) Consulting Services: Partners providing implement and assessment services.
* Search by:
(1) Category: Analytics, AI, Finance or HR, etc…
(3) Refine by product: Web Apps, Dynamics 365, Office 365, Power BI
* To find solutions by Microsoft Labs:
(1) Do a Search for “Microsoft Labs” – https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps?search=%22Microsoft%20labs%22&page=1
(2) Select Dynamics 365 as a Product
* Featured solutions:
(1) Change Tracking Solution: Ability to track changes made by system admins or customizer.
(2) Email Alert: Pending Email Count for received unread CRM emails on a case.
(3) Attachment Management: Use Azure Blob storage to store Dynamics notes and email attachments.
(4) Email 2 Case using AI: Enhance Email to Case conversion with Machine Learning model by reading email subject and body to predict the case type, case subject and appropriate queue for routing.
(5) Dynamics 365 Data Tagging & Obfuscation: Obfuscate entity fields based on tagging of data in an Azure Data Catalog.
* Inspire updates:
(1) Inspire 2018 Dynamics 365 Update from Alysa Taylor: https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/dynamics365/2018/07/12/helping-partners-grow-business-application-practices-with-new-investments-in-their-success/
(2) Microsoft Health Accelerator for Dynamics 365: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/dynamics-365/msemr.healthcarecommondatamodel?tab=Overview