* August updates to Sales App Solution (from 126.96.36.1997 to 188.8.131.521)
* August updates to Field Service Solution (from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11)
* August updates to Project Service Solution (from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124)
* When you perform either of above, it updates Unified Resource Scheduling Solution (from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52) (I expect a blog post soon on what these updates include)
* August updates to Marketing and Event Management Solution (from 1.26.1005.0 to 1.28.1004.0) – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/08/31/announcing-dynamics-365-for-marketing-august-2018-update/
* CDS for Apps August platform update release documentation, including patch notes (version 184.108.40.2065 August Service Update) – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4457678/service-update-5-for-microsoft-dynamics-365-9-0-2 – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2925359/microsoft-dynamics-crm-online-releases#9_0_top
* USD 4.0 released with lots of new capabilities – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/usd/2018/08/20/unified-service-desk-4-0-is-released/
* Blog series on CE DevOps processes starting – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/premier_developer/2018/08/20/continuous-integration-deployment-and-test-automation-for-dynamics-crm/
* Free up database space in CE – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/admin/free-storage-space
* Flow to automate Flow Governance – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/automate-flow-governance/
* Flow improvements in many areas – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/button-types-more/
* Announcing the NEW PowerApps User Group! – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-new-powerapps-user-group/
* Announcing the NEW Flow User Group! – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-flow-user-group/
* Introducing Microsoft Flow integration in Excel – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-microsoft-flow-integration-in-excel/
* PowerApps and Flow connectors to use the tools to manage themselves – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-connectors-for-powerapps-and-flow-resources/
* Advanced Security concepts when managing PowerApps and Flow – https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/security-governance-strategy/
* Details on UI updates for Oct release of CE and confirmation of new on premises version – https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/dynamics365/2018/08/28/october-update-brings-new-user-experience-to-dynamics-365-for-customer-engagement/
* Details on CE communications policies, updates, and what to expect – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/admin/policies-communications
How do I operationalize this?
* Exploring Skype Interview and its integration with Talent
* Kuru Predictive Hiring now integrated with Talent – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/koru-helps-hiring-managers-measure-skills-proven-to-drive-performance-through-new-integration-with-microsoft-300613599.html
* What’s New in Talent – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/talent/whats-new-talent-july2018
* We told you last fortnight to register for the Virtual Launch Event on October 10, but it’s now been cancelled. There will be lots of great on-demand content created and posted to https://dynamics.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications/release/ by early October.
* Update to Resource Scheduling Optimization Engine – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/08/16/whats-new-in-the-dynamics-365-resource-scheduling-optimization-version-2-7-release/
* Addition to Canvas PowerApps Grouping controls – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/enhanced-group-experimental-control-with-layout-control-and-nesting/
* CE Field Service Mobile App Licensing FAQ – https://blog.resco.net/2018/08/16/faq-microsoft-dynamics-365-for-field-service-mobile-app-licensing/?_cldee=YmFzbmVhcnlAbWljcm9zb2Z0LmNvbQ%3d%3d&recipientid=contact-03f39b5d43dce711a77f00155d0b0a44-ece9c179c37c463aab9d757b9f9cfec1&esid=0cfa002c-5aa1-e811-ad03-00155d0b1304&urlid=2
* New Business Apps administrative landing page – https://admin.dynamics.com
* PowerApps Governance Best Practices – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-enterprise-deployment-whitepaper/
* Canvas PowerApps support attachments in CDS now – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/add-attachments-to-your-common-data-service-entities/
* 3 Finance and Operations content packs removed from AppSource – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/dev-itpro/migration-upgrade/deprecated-features?toc=/fin-and-ops/toc.json
* Make certain PowerApps more discoverable – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-discoverability-in-the-enterprise/
* Update available for Field Service App – special instructions for enabling it below
* Update available for Project Service App – works similarly to Field Service for enabling
* Dynamics Experience Center – https://experience.dynamics.com
How do I operationalize this?
* To Opt-in please do the following: Please access the Dynamics Insider Portal here: http://experience.dynamics.com/insider
* Log in with you Insider credentials
* On the Insider Home Page, In the Search Box of “Upcoming and Active Programs” section, search for a program with the name “Dynamics 365 for Field Service Unified Interface Release.”
* Click that program link in the search results and choose to “Join Now” in the page that opens. This will add you as a participant to the program.
* On the Program page, access the link provided to sign up: “Signup Link to opt-in for the Field Service UCI Release (GA)”
* The link will open a simple questionnaire and one of the questions is the instance URL. Please provide the URL of the instance where you need to install Field Service version 220.127.116.110.
* Microsoft will receive the details you provide and, within a few days, will enable the install of Field Service on the Org that you provided. Once enabled, you will receive a confirmation email from Microsoft.
* Once you receive the email, you can access your Dynamics 365 Admin portal to install Field Service 18.104.22.1680 on the Org that you provided.
* For any questions and discussion on the functionality, please use the Forums on the program page and use the Microsoft Support process to log any issues/bugs.
* Setting Up Machine Learning in F&O Demand Forecasting
* Insider Access to pre-release functionality and how to get it! (See above)
* Business Application Summit concluded. Watch at – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/businessapplicationssummit
* Release Notes for October 2018 – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/October18/index
* Register for the Virtual Launch Event – https://info.microsoft.com/Business_Application_Fall_Summit_Register.html, which will be October 10th at 10am CDT
* Sales Companion Canvas PowerApp: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/salescompanion/
* Sales Application upgrade available from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.1997
* CafeX LiveAssist version upgrade to 188.8.131.52 is now available
* CE Platform update to 184.108.40.2062 is coming out any day to your 9.0 orgs. Details if you’re interested: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4342571/service-update-4-for-microsoft-dynamics-365-9-0-2
* New Capabilities in Talent – Offer Management
* Change in Applying Updates to FO – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/lcs/2018/07/10/lcs-july-2018-release-1-release-notes/
* Change in the process of applying updates to FO on-premises environment – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/lcs/2018/07/10/lcs-july-2018-release-1-release-notes/
* Dynamics 365 CE developer nugget (using Postman with Web API) – https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2018/07/30/documentation-for-using-postman-with-web-api-is-live/
* Skype Interviews for Talent/Attract – https://www.skype.com/en/interviews/
* Business Central localization available in Australia and New Zealand –
* PowerApps tutorial for building offline capabilities with relational data – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/implementing-offline-capabilities-for-relational-data/
* PowerApps automatic formula formatting – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/automatically-format-your-formula/
* PowerApps/Flow Preview Programs – https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/preview-program/ & https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/flow-preview-program/
* FastTrack Pre-Go-live Checklist for FO – https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/northamerica/365Enterprise/learning/documentation/installation-setup-guides/fasttrack-checklist-fin-and-ops
* Get paid to give feedback on PowerApps –
How do I operationalize this?
* What native Predictive Lead Scoring looks like: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/sales-enterprise/work-predictive-lead-scoring
* How Relationship Analytics computes health scores and trends: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/sales-enterprise/relationship-analytics
* Manage External Vendor Portal – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/b2b/what-is-b2b & https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/supply-chain/procurement/manage-vendor-collaboration-users
Tips and Tricks using Canvas PowerApps and Flow with CDS for Apps and Dynamics 365 CE and FO:
* Finance and Operations
– Onstart – EntityID is the data element from FO that PowerApps uses
– Use Set as custom field within PowerApps as EntityID
– Matching data entities using Lookup Command
– Key to drilling through and integrating data entities
– Assign Lookup element to data field to use as primary (shortcuts a lot of formula writing)
* In CE, if you want to modify date/time fields in Flow, the fields have to be set up in CE as date/time, not date only
* In CE, If when working with Conditions, you want to watch for something having no data, there’s a trick to setting up that query (advanced mode)
* In CE, if using expressions on fields, you can’t just type the right syntax, you have to include it all within the expression definition UI, including any dynamic fields included.
Happy Birthday Alesha!